Covenant Evangelism 2
Topic: STOP MOANING and GRUMBLING
Bible passages: Exodus 15:23-25, Matt. 20:10-12, 1 Cor. 10:9-11, James 5:8-10, Jude 1:15-17
I can tell you categorically that the human race is unique in its creation. We are moaners and grumblers. We are never satisfied. This is what is causing all the ills in the society today. Old and young, rich and poor all moan alike. We moan for any and everything, from morning till night, day after day, month after month.
- What do we moan about? The list is endless and it ranges from small petty issues to bigger issues.
- We moan about our spouses, but we forget some are still bachelors and spinsters and cannot find a partner for life.
- We moan when we are pregnant when some would give anything to be pregnant.
- We moan about our children when others have tried IVF and spent thousands just to get children.
- We moan about stress at work when others are looking for that same job
- We moan about money when others would be grateful just to get one meal a day
- We moan about the car we drive when some can drive but cannot afford a car
- We moan about the weather when it is hot and when it is cold
- We moan we don’t have enough shoes when there are some people who are disabled without legs
- We moan about food when some people are in the hospital that cannot eat.
- We moan about not having salary increases when others cannot even get a job
- We just moan about everything
My advice to you today is stop moaning, stop grumbling and start to thank God for what you have because there are others doing far worse than you are. The fact that you are alive when others younger than you are dead is a very good reason to thank God.
Grumbling is a sin against God, the Israelites grumbled because they did not have meat and when they were given meat, they grumbled they did not have water and then they were given water and they grumbled even more. God had had enough of the grumbling people who appreciated nothing and they all perished as a result of their grumbling.
If you have a teenager that you try your very best for and just never seems to appreciate it or a boss that is just never satisfied with your best, then you will know grumbling does not get you anything but only upsets the recipient
I pray that we do not perish as a result of grumbling and that God gives us a heart of gratitude. Amen
So the people grumbled against Moses, saying, “What are we to drink?”
In this wilderness your bodies will fall—every one of you twenty years old or more who was counted in the census and who has grumbled against me.
1 Corinthians 10:10
And do not grumble, as some of them did—and were killed by the destroying angel.
1 Corinthians 10:9-11
Don’t grumble against one another, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door!
These people are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage.