“This is how we’ve come to understand and experience love: Christ sacrificed his life for us. This is why we ought to live sacrificially for our fellow believers, and not just be out for ourselves. If you see some brother or sister in need and have the means to do something about it but turn a cold shoulder and do nothing, what happens to God’s love? It disappears. And you made it disappear”. 1John 3:16,17 (MSG)
The MSU is one of the lifelines of the Church whose motto is: “To reach out to needy children & adults, male & female, irrespective of nationality or background, within and outside the church, to extend the Love of God to them as much as we can”
The Goals of the Welfare Department
- To assist members of the church in need of assistance to meet their basic needs.
- To periodically support needy members of the Church with basic necessities through established charities/shelters, within our means by distributing nonperishable foodstuffs, clothing, blankets, towels, toiletries and emergency funds where hardship is established.
- To demonstrate the Love of God through active spiritual and emotional support to members or families suffering from long term illness, bereavement, and many more related issues.
Welfare Department Activities
The activities performed by members of the department includes but not limited to:
- Identifying those in need within the congregation and discretely approaching them.
- Arrange for clothing and non-perishable food items drive to assist those in need within the church.
- Work with the Teens and children church on developing opportunities for them to
volunteer and thereby learning more about the Love of God
- Christmas lunch outing for over 60’s members and organizing other annual events.
- Periodically home and or hospital visits to members and over 70’s members
by Band with the support of MSU delegate, Pastoral team and Prophetic
Members of the MSU are:
- Mother Joyce Oyetunji (HOD)
- Mother Bisi Sholanke (Secretary)
- Prophetess Jegede
- Mother Abimbola Olateru
- Ap. Olugbenga Adewunmi
- Sp. Ap. Michael Shomoye
- Mother Christie Awoyemi
I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive. Acts 20:35