Rhoda Band – A brief Synopsis
The Band of Rhoda is the key example of what young girls should emulate- bearers of good news. Rhoda was a faithful servant to God and to the people around her. The Band is a band filled with vibrant, inspired young women who range from the age of 14 to 18 who use their youthful exuberance to proclaim the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living, not just within the church or the Youth Fellowship, but in our respective lives. As a band we constantly portray the characteristics of Rhoda of old by listening to the voice of the Lord and knowing when He calls to us and doing His will. When Peter knocked on the door, she saw him and told the people within the house yet they didn’t believe her but she was persistent (Acts 12 Vs.13). Persistence is the key word for us as a band. If you do not succeed at first, try again.
Our mission is ‘to equip our members to be good and effective leaders in future both in the secular world and spiritually’
We intend achieving this by:
- Holding interactive and participatory meetings at least 4 times a year – quarterly
- Developing and empowering members of Rhoda Band in the above mentioned services through bible readings, expositions and prayers;
- Have Email contact with them to give them a sense of belonging – at least quarterly
- Remaining on the sense of belonging notion, and for them to see us as an added resource to their parents/carers, to send Birthday cards, and other cards where relevant i.e. well done/success/congratulations.
- As executives, we will worship in the Youth Fellowship with them on a monthly basis.
- Weather permitting, we will organise outings/picnics/lunch/dinner for fellowship reasons.